Monday, January 13, 2014

Who are you wearing? 2014 Golden Globes

Live from the red carpet. It's the beginning of award season. Oh happy day.

First thing is first, thanks to Amanda from http://thecolorcodedlife.com/ for a super fun twitter party last night. I loved seeing everyone interact and get an idea of what everyone was thinking. I hope that we can do it again for the SAG Awards in a couple weeks. So get ready. It will only get better with time (like fine wine).


Before we go any further, can we please talk about the magic of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. They need to host every Golden Globes from no and forevermore. The End. 

There really were no big surprises for me as to who won except that Brooklyn 99 killed the end of the Modern Family reign. It was a welcome change. 

Now onto the important stuff......FASHION. 


Let's talk trends...

Champagne Nude or Baby's Bottom nude. 

How not to wear flowers on the Red Carpet.

Simple. Chic. Plain.

Snow White with a twist. 

One is silver and the other is...

******
Now that we know the trends of night, let's see who really pulled them off and who needs to fire their stylist...immediately!

Time for Best and Worst Dressed!
(Let's do this)

Most Improved
Julianna Margulies
Thank God. She finally hired a new stylist. She has been looking awful lately and this was a welcome change compared to her recent red carpet appearances. Please don't make me think about them. I have burned them in my memory. 

Best Dressed
Lupita Nyong'o
I know everyone is thinking, "how dare you not choose Cate Blanchett. But I can't get past Lupita's gorgeous skin against the color red. The cape makes this look complete. In my opinion she won the cape awards against Gwyneth Paltrow

Worst Dressed
Amy Adams
I was so bloody tired of looking at that ugly braided hair by the end of the night, I swore off braids. The dress wasn't cute. I didn't like the two tones on her especially against her skin tone. Too much skin was showing and it just wasn't cute. Sorry Amy but no. Get it right next time.

Best/Worst Man
                                   Chris Pine                                    Jared Leto
Scruff well maintained. Not a hair out of place. This men is how you groom for an award show. Take note Jared Leto. 


Who else watched? Who did you think deserved Best/Worst Dressed? 
Let's Talk. Hit me up on my Facebook Photo Album or Pinterest to tell me who were your best and worst dressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment