Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Must Haves: Beauty

I HATE summer. 

I live in Florida for crying out loud. I should love it but between the heat and my sweat genes, I can't stand summer. 

The only way I can tolerate FL summer is with the use of a swimming pool.

So I am here to give you a list of my favorite things for summer.

Today it's all things beautiful...

Beauty Summer Must Haves

The key for summer beauty products are things that will be long wearing or serve double purpose. I can't tell you how many times I have sound myself with makeup dripping off my face (literally) and have no one to blame but myself. I have learned from my makeup sins and have finally found my holy grail of summer makeup products.

  1. BB Cream or Long wear foundation: BB creams serve double purpose with their added in sunscreen and let's face the long wearing foundation and I are married and in a monogamous relationship. 
  2. Powder: If I don't have powder on my face, I am a hot mess. 
  3. Matte Bronzer: I don't tan. I burn. Bronzer helps me look like I tan (to a degree). When I actually get a tan, I use a bronzer to prevent me from having to find a new foundation to wear for a total of 2 months. With a big brush, (ELF complexion brush) I swirl the bronzer on my check bones, forehead, jawline and down my neck. It gives me the look I want and I didn't have to buy a new foundation. Score!
  4. Cream Blush/ Stick eyeshadow: Yes, a powder products will work just fine, but a creams are much better during the hot summer months. The cream based product will almost become one with your skin. 
  5. Waterproof Mascara: Going to the beach + getting in and out of the pool = waterproof mascara. Duh! 
  6. Bright Lips: I don't care what kind of product you use. When I think of summer, I think bright lips. Try Baby Lips, Maybelline Vivids lipstick, or Revlon Lip butters. They are have great bright colors to choose from. 
  7. Makeup setting spray: I don't leave my house without it. 
  8. Neon Nails: I have white nail polish on my nails right now and I have developed a habit of constantly looking at my nails. 
  9. Sea Salt Spray: I avoid my flat iron like the plauge during summer. It's simply not worth doing my hair with all that heat when it's going to look like crap the second I step outside. I try to only do heat styling on my hair one day a week, if at all possible. So I use a sea salt spray or a scrunch spray to make it look styled (somewhat).
Those are my summer beauty essentials. 

What are yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment