Saturday, August 10, 2013

Review: Platinum Strength

My hair is very important to me. So when I find something that I like, I want to share the good news of tidings and great joy.
Review TRESemme Platinum Strength
Shampoo (Far left), Conditioner (Middle), Deep Conditioning Treatment

I purchased the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner first when they discontinued one of my favorite shampoos. I thought I would give it a whirl.

The best part of any TRESemme shampoo/conditioner is the amount of product you get for CHEAP.

Shampoo and conditioner 25 fl oz. Deep Conditioner 6 fl oz. 
TRESemme Platinum Strength Strengthening Shampoo
The shampoo is good at cleaning my hair and making it feel healthy. I can tell a difference in my hair's texture when I rinse the product out of my hair almost instantly. I mostly bought it because during the summer my hair lives in a ponytail holder or has some sort of sea salt or scrunch spray because I hate heat styling my hair when it's SO humid. I use this shampoo after I use a clarifying shampoo to remove any product in my hair. This way I ensure that my hair is clean, really clean. Hair doesn't get weighed down and after using it, my brush goes through my hair with ease. I don't use this every time I step in the shower cause I feel it would be a little too much. (I rotate my shower products so my hair doesn't get used to one thing too quickly.) 

Would you repurchase: Yes
TRESemme Platinum Strength Strengthening Conditioner
This is the main conditioner I am using right now. I love what it has done for my hair. My hair is softer and shinny. I like the scent as it's not overly obnoxious and just plain smells good. One thing I do with any conditioner is I put it on and leave it in for about 2-3 minutes. To me, this is the best way to get the most out of it. It has helped my hair not be as damaged and I have avoided a trip to the salon because of how it is helping my ends. I am growing my hair out, and it helps my hair stay healthy. 

Would you repurchase: Yes
TRESemme Platinum Strength Renewing Deep Conditioning Treatment
The deep conditioner WAS awesome...when I first used it. I used it with my clarifying shampoo and Platinum strength shampoo. My hair was the best it ever looked when I got out of the shower. It didn't make my hair overly greasy the next day. It was really good. Then I continued to use it. I wanted to get those same results I had gotten the first day (obviously). It's not too much to ask. Is it? Well, it never happened. I got instantly annoyed. I switched to the regular conditioner and used the deep conditioner up to use it up. It only took me to use the hair mask up to realize that I got a better deep condition treatment from the regular conditioner by leaving it in my hair for about 5 minutes. I don't see the difference between the regular conditioner and the deep stuff. It's the same consistency just in a smaller tube. My Aussie 3 minute miracle does more of a deep condition than that stuff will.

Would you repurchase: NO.

Overall

  • The line has helped with my hair damage
  • The deep conditioner is the regular conditioner in a smaller tube. 
  • Hair feels healthier without weighing it down
  • Smells good (always a plus)

Please tell me I am the only person who thought that the deep conditioner was not good.

Thank goodness I loved the shampoo/conditioner so the line wasn't a total waste.


0 comments:

Post a Comment