Saturday, June 8, 2013

DIY Moisturizing Sugar Scrub

I know what you are thinking. 

Moisturizing and scrub don't go together. I get it. But you have to trust me on this one. 

You simply can't go wrong with this. The main reason why I love it is because it's CHEAP! 

I can place a bet you have everything you need to do it tonight if you want to. 

Back in the day, they didn't have dial body wash or lotion. They used olive oil to keep their skin soft. It's just that simple. 

Here is what you need.

  • Sugar
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon or lime juice (optional)
  • Jar of some kind (I found mine in the Tupperware cabinet) 
  1. Take your jar or container and clean it well with warm soap and water
  2. Pour EVOO into the bottom of the jar to coat the bottom of the jar
  3. Layer sugar on top of olive oil (should look like picture)
  4. Repeat process until you reach the top of jar
  5. Mix 
  6. Add Lemon or Lime juice to make your scrub smell like lemons and not like you are about to fry chickens if you want
  7. Put a lid on it
  8. Label (if you want)
  9. Scrub away!

My final product!
Like the flower? I know you do!

Take it in the shower or tub with you and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment