Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beauty Product Hoarder Diary: July Favorites

Another month has past.

Time to divulge my favorite products of the month.


Beauty Favorites
  • Biore Triple Action Astringent: During the hot summer months, I use a toner left and right. My skin gets oily and just gross within seconds especially living in humid Florida. I put on a toner in the morning, at night, and after I take off my makeup. I have used a lot of this stuff as you can probably tell. It's not overly drying and does what it needs to do. 
  • Cotton Balls- Cotton pads are good but cotton balls are better! 
  • Equate Dual Power Moisturizer- (Knock off Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer) I have needed a moisturizer since I have noticed a small place that needed some love and TLC. I HATE moisturizer. I get oily within 5 seconds of putting it on and my face looks like an oil slick (not cute). My skin managed to explode with junk (aka Acne Volcano Wonderland) overnight. I tried my ELF Zip Zapper and that only reduced the swelling (I swear it reminded me of my teenager days). I went to Walmart the to find something to fix my "little" problem. I decided on the Clean and Clear 3 step system. They had all the steps Walmart style and it was cheaper. I was pleasantly surprised at the dramatic difference my face made after only 2-3 days. My face seemed to clear up and not get greasy. I have found a new holy grail. 
  • Country Apple Body Spray Bath and Body Works- (As seen on my Bath and Body Works Haul) Reminds me of how much I want it to be Fall. The scent is fresh, crisp, light and lingers for a long time. 
Hair Favorites
  •  Tresemme 24 hour Body hairspray- Tresemme makes the best hairspray. I love their Tres Two and this 24 hour body. My hair is THICK. When I say thick, I mean THICK. Not all hairsprays work well with my hair and Florida. This works for me. (It's very sad for me to report that I am almost out of it. Tear Tear!)
  • Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Dry Shampoo: The best thing about this product is the size. You get 7 oz! OH YES! The smell doesn't bother me but it took some time for me to get used to. I have used Suave, Got2B, Dove, and nothing compares to this. It doesn't spray product everywhere. Doesn't run out after using it 2 times. My hair looks refreshed all day long. Did I mention you get 7 oz?
Makeup Favorites
  • Baby Lips Pink Punch- Perfect color for Summer. Leave my lips soft. 
  • Maybelline SuperStay Foundation- I have used this for over 1 year maybe 2. It is my holy grail foundation for Summer. I never have a problem with it rubbing or sweating off. I have a hard time getting it to come off even with my makeup removing wipes. Full coverage. Shear it out with a damp sponge or only apply a small amount to T zone and blend in with brush or sponge as to not look cakey. 
  • Physicians Formula 2 in 1 Eye Booster Eyeliner- Oldie but goodie. I rediscovered this in my makeup collection one day and haven't stopped using it since. I bought this a long time ago and this thing keeps kicking. I wonder if it ever will run out. The brush is super easy to use and get close to lash line. Do I notice my lashes looking more full because of the serum in the liner? No. Do I care? No. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder- I go through this stuff fast. I put powder on before leaving my house to keep everything in place. This particular powder is very fine which makes it look and feel great on my skin. But because of it being so soft, I hit pan fast! That makes me sad. 
  • Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana- This is not a bronzer that I will use to make me look like I just left the beach. However, this is a beautiful highlight for your check bones or an eyeshadow as I have been doing all month. Use this all over your lid and apply a crease shade if you wish. It's beautiful with just the right amount of shimmer. 
  • Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin- Great cream to powder finish blush. Love the coral/peach color. I use with a small stipple brush or foundation brush to apply. 

Now that another month is behind us, what were some of your favorite things that you used? Post comment below. I would love to know. Share the love with all of us.

August is here. I am ready for football and to try to get back into somewhat of a routine. We will see how well that goes.


3 comments:

  1. Country Apple is one of my favs too from Bath and Body Works! I just posted a blog the other day about my haul! Lol. As for some of my favorites, I love Dial Coconut Water and Bamboo Leaf body wash and soap! They smells great! And I like the color show polishes from Maybelline. Check out my blog sometime.

    http://plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look at Coconut water by Dial. Love the smell of coconut but not the taste. I love the color show polishes too. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean, I can't stand coconut type foods either lol check out my blog if you want to know more about it! And you're welcome!

      Delete